Wednesday 10 April 2013

A Lesson Learned


My apologies for not posting in quite a while. My mind has been absolutely warped (seemingly beyond repair), however I have noticed my thoughts within the last few hours have begun to sound a lot like my old self again, so I am only now happy to share the happenings of my weekend with you.

On Saturday one of my good friends, Morgan, had organised a get together of around thirty people at his house in a suburb on the outskirts or Melbourne. As it was his birthday, he had decided that the best way to celebrate would be to buy enough drugs to keep the attendees completely fucked for the majority of the day. By 11pm many cans of beer had been cracked, the drugs had all but been snorted and the energy possessed by each individual at the party was enough to power a standard sized house; a situation all too familiar for many guests of the party.

The following is a rough timeline of the next 18 hours

4am: Many of the guests had left, with a few of the remaining still hopeful that our drug dealer would arrive to provide us with the substances necessary to continue partying a little while longer.

5am: Our drug dealer arrives with enough pills for us to find going to a club to be a sensational idea. If you are familiar in Melbourne club by the name of 'Revolver' you would know that people turning up at 6am is somewhat of a normal occurrence.  It’s the type of club that can attract some of the best looking women Melbourne has to offer, yet it also contains the majority of the city’s drug rats.

6am: Revolver is surprisingly empty, however we choose to stay for a little while to see if it picks up.

6.30am: I ran into a few people that I used to go to school with. During our conversation I mention that I had recently bought some pills that were supposedly the best going around and was saving them for a music festival that was in the near future. He had recognised the description of the pill I had given him and informed me that they contained hallucinogens and not the MDMA I had been hoping for. I remained skeptical, yet curious to do some research of my own.

8am – The drugs had to begin to wear off and the club hadn’t got any busier since we had arrived. We decided it would be best to leave partying at Revolver for another day.

8.30am – We arrive back at Morgan’s house. The house looked more like a brothel than somewhere somebody actually lived and most of us were keen to call it a night morning.

9am – I arranged a lift home.

10am – I arrive home to find my house completely empty; my sister was away on holiday and my brother was still at a friend’s house. I sit down on the couch, open my laptop and reminisced about the previous day. As I scroll down my newsfeed I remembered the conversation about the pills I bought for the music festival and I quickly open a new Safari browser to do a quick google search. Nothing.

10.30am – I have spent the last thirty minutes procrastinating, as I grasp the pills in my hand I am in three minds: Do I risk fucking up my entire festival by taking pills that have an undesired effect? Do I test one of the pills to see what they are like? Or do I sell the pills on as hallucinogens? With a mind and body that has had questionable amount of alcohol, drugs and sleep I make the decision to take half a pill and make an inform decision based on it’s effect.

11.30am – It has now been an hour since taking half a pill and it has yet to have an effect on me. I am now beginning to feel unbelievably tired, but I am keen to carry out the experiment until I have arrived at a conclusion.

12noon – Still nothing. I decide that taking the other half of the pill will give me a good indication of what chemical the pill contains, if any.

12.15pm – I begin the feel something, however it is nothing I am 100% familiar with. My vision seems to be covered with a cloud of smoke, however for now I am feel okay with my surroundings.

12.30pm – My heart is beating at an abnormal rate, I take my jumper off as I am sweating like an overweight, fully clothed man in a butterfly enclosure and my hands seem to be covered in a string like material. I am convinced the rest of my arms are covered in spider webs, but I am unable to clean them off my body.

1pm – Things are getting weird. I start to feel slight anxiety as the trees in my backyard seem to have the same texture as water, doorways are much smaller than I remember and the ceiling fans only seem to turn off when I’m looking directly at them.

I have little to no recollection of the following 9 hours, however I believe I spent the majority of the time laying on my bed pretending to ride a bike whilst laying on my back.

10pm – I break out of a trance like state as I hear my phone ringing. It’s a Maria, a girl that added me on Facebook only days beforehand. She’s cute, but after an hour-long conversation a few days ago I am convinced she is slightly psychotic. I feel the need to talk to somebody so I answer her call and am immediately calmed by the sound of another human’s voice.

She describes my weird topics of conversation as “arousing” and convinces me that fingering herself while I masturbate to be a good idea. My penis refuses to cooperate with my brain so I have no choice but to fake a few orgasms. Maria seemed to enjoy herself on the other end of the phone, but as I was still tripped out, I forgot where I was halfway through her orgasm and was convinced someone was screaming in agony down the other end of the phone. Terrified, I quickly hung up and it wasn’t until she called me back that I remembered what we were doing.  

Needless to say I won’t be buying pills in nightclubs again.

- Gavin Madden

1 comment:

  1. There's SHOCKING news in the sports betting industry.

    It has been said that every bettor must watch this,

    Watch this now or stop placing bets on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Robotic Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete